Sunday, November 10, 2013

An Introduction

I created this blog to track my journey from being morbidly obese to healthy and also to track my progress as I train for my first big goal:  The Warrior Dash 2014.

But first, let me tell you a little about myself.  I am a single mom of a beautiful, brilliant, energetic five year old boy.  I have been divorced for two years and seperated for three.  I work full-time on grave shift and do everything I can to provide a good life for my little man.

I am 145 lbs overweight for where I should be for my height (5'3").  This is considered morbidly obese, although my friends tell me over and over again that I'm nuts for calling myself fat.   I love my friends, but in denial they most definitely are.  Although, I have a few friends who are "health nuts", who compete in fitness competitions and generally look as though they stepped out of the pages of a magazine.  I have a friend who is an ex-Playboy model, also.  While these friends are amazing, kind, and down to earth, there are pitfalls.  In the case of one friend in particular, I've been invited to pool parties at the MGM Grand at Foxwoods more than once and have found excuses not to go because who wants to be seen in a bathing suit at my weight (280lb) around a bunch of models?  Not me.  Unfortunately, my friend genuinely couldn't understand my apprehension.  Eh, what are you gonna do?

I know what I'm going to do!  I'm going to get in shape and train for this warrior dash!  I have a close friend who said that she would come up from Florida to do it with me.  I'm out of excuses.  The old me that wanted to eat her feelings has recently disappeared and in her place is the woman that I used to be once upon a time ago.....back when I was muscular and in shape and healthy.  I no longer want my weight to control what I do and hold me back.

Time to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment